View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2021, 02:56 PM   #50
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, I have been installing the electronic ignition system on this old Triumph
and I must say I am impressed with the quality of the kit itself. it's very well made....
although I did have to file a large notch for the wires to get out of the point area, because the new stator plate blocked the hole enough to where it was a struggle to get the wires through... so I gave it more room...LOL
...I think the pointer in the outer cover for indicating the 38Deg. advance mark
is bent..... so I am kind 'a waiting till my TDC indicator tool gets here to double check it with... before I lock everything down good.
the wiring looks rather simple, but I really haven't gotten into it yet.
I think that pulling the original HOT lead from the coils to power the IGN unit
is the way to go...that way it's off when the key is off. but I have to determine which of the 4 wires that is.... so I may well have to put the battery back in the bike just to get that part figured out.
then it's just following their wiring diagram which is easy peasy !
.... if I would have thought ahead enough to see that I would need that hot wire to the coils I would have marked it ...because they all look the same.
.....but.... that is how it goes 20/20 hindsight ! and all that !LOL
Man it got Really cold here last night !!!!!
we had a hard freeze ...which is good as the insects will now be gone outside
Mt. Shasta Has snow on it again which is real good to see.... it's not real thick but it is some !
...My poor Triumph is all apart...I hate to see it that way !
.. Bob.......