View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2021, 02:36 AM   #18
SuspectPage3
ninjette.org member

Name: Chinmay

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post

1. First test is easy. As Jim mentioned, clogged tank-vent can prevent petrol from flowing out of tank. Easy to test riding with tank-cap open. Does it run better?
TBH I couldn't answer this, as the bike "dying off" is bit of hit and miss, it doesn't do it all the time, so during my test run with fuel cap open, bike didn't try to die on me, also on my way back from work, it ran smoothly. So sorry I can't say for sure if leaving the cap off helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
2. Next should be inspecting tiny filtre inside fuel-inlet port of carb. Remove fuel hose from carb-inlet and look at filtre. If it's clogged or ripped, might as well replace it with external in-line unit.
Yes I did this part. The filter seems to be in good shape, no debris in it. See my picture taken below. Sorry for low quality image as I'm working at 830pm and it's getting dark outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post

I would start remove fuel bowl with 8mm wrench from bottom of the fuel petcock do see any ethanol damage? you my see some regular trash in it but there should no white/lite tan crusty stuff.
If you do see ethanol damage you may pull the fuel petcock remove the five screw from diaphragm and inspect for ethanol damage there if do see ethanol damage I recommend replace the fuel petcock it stead of trying to save it as new one are cheap for your model year off eBay at lease here in USA, and clean out carburetor and fuel passage really well
?
Can you please point this out in a picture, I don't know what is fuel bowl or diaphragm etc. Once I know what I'm inspecting, I'll be happy to look at it.
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211108_202610.jpg (240.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20211108_201513.jpg (58.5 KB, 11 views)
SuspectPage3 is offline   Reply With Quote