View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2021, 11:19 PM   #57
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, pooie.... another day gone by without the Triumph running....
I did get it to fire up for a second but it felt like it just ran out of gas !... I know this O'l girl is cold blooded but I am very reluctant to use the choke
so I opted for the quick start and got it to fire up a few times with that.....
this time I got it to take a bit of throttle but then like i said it acted like it was out of gas and died I'll try again tomorrow when it is light out because it is a noisy monster even with the new mufflers on it. it's just too noisy to play with it at 10:00pm at night !
.... so I'll wait for daylight ! LOL...
I discovered something strange... I turn the key switch on and imediately the neutral light comes on.... or ignition on light what ever that one is.... then I kick it and the light goes out...... and after a few seconds it comes back on.... I am wondering if that is the reason it wouldn't keep running ! this electronic ignition takes a minimum of 10v to work and with the key on and the tail light on I get about 11.5 to 12 volts at the plug in for the electronic ignition.... so it is enough to run it if it stays that high but not if the battery is dropping voltage ! .....something I may well have to look into.
the battery does not look old at all and the P.O. said he recently replaced it...
but recently to a 75 year old man is a relative time,.... and it could be last years battery ! LOL,.... so the battery may be weak. I don't think so, but it might be.
..... and it is a small 12v battery.... not a big one at all...
...taking the bulb out of the tail light might get it to run for a minute or two if the system is not charging....
anyway... no vroom yet...
so I'll keep working on it !
Bob.....