View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2021, 01:24 PM   #65
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Humm... I used the choke and the ticklier's on both carbs and one kick had it going... imagen that ! .... ( that was after I got it going on quickstart)
... but it's running on 1 cyl at idle not both and yes blocking off the carb intake
makes it pick up the dead cylinder... so it is lean for some reason....
i had to increase the idle screws in both carbs to get it to idle on 1 cyl but it did idle like that a bit .... then it died before I could do any other testing
i started it about 5 times so it is starting fairly good but it's not running very good at all.... I suspect the new jets are too lean 180 instead of the stock 190 jets... and the needles are at the top position .... so what ever I do I have to pull the tank to get at the slides at any rate....
one thing about that bike I dislike is that when I rev it up it creeps backwards at a fairly fast pace towards the door....( i guess she wants out !)
this is when it is on it's center stand ! LOL
and my shop is just too small for that , I have to position the bike just right in there in order to get to both sides ! and then it is scooting all over the place ! ..... I might try putting a piece of plywood under the stand on the cement and see if that helps....
anyway... I gott'a run to town and do some shopping....
it runs and the new electronic ignition works... but I fear the carbs have to come off again.... I think I'll put the stock jets back in and see if that helps
and try to find some info on float height adjustment... ( i don't think there is any) and I'll put the jet needles in the middle position
... these jet needles don't have the circlip like normal carbs they have a bent spring wire that slips on the needle and the throttle return spring rests on that to hold down the needle.... one of those clips is broken and pops off the needle ....I have 2 new clips coming already.... so far it's been holding the needle in good but I don't trust that wimpy clip ! so I'm going to replace them....
.... man that is a big bike ! it feels quite powerful ! more than the old W1 kawasaki 650 i had did... and it's lighter !
.... it should be a fun ride !
Bob........