View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2021, 06:49 AM   #79
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well I still might send you the carbs in all truthfulness ! just to have a back up set, if nothing else....
I watched a video on cleaning the Amal 900 carbs pilot orface... ( can't call it a jet really) and the guy found wire that would go through that tiny hole from a bag of garden twist-ties he just stripped the paper stuff off one end and used that.... I thought KOOL i'll see if I have one...and I did..so I went out there and tried to poke the wire through that tiny hole ... but no way ! it's either too big of a wire or it is pluged up very solidly...
I one-upped that wire the other day by finding a slightly smaller wire of stronger material, a small very weak spring... I un wound it and had the wire.
spring steel too ...that shouldn't break off in the hole ! LOL
...but it won't go through the hole either...the hole size is about the same size as a hair I have to have my magnifying glasses on to see it !
.... i don't know how the guy in the video got his wimpy wire through the jet when the jet on mine is so much smaller...it's strange !
...i figure the only way to clean that jet is chemical stuff to dissolve it,or ultrasonic which might or might not do it... that is just as likely to shine up the debris real good ! HAHAHAHA
I also heard that if 2.5 turns out of the airscrews doesn't work use 3 turns out... that I haven't tried... but I will tomorrow... just for S&G's
if that works I will Kick myself in the butt for not trying it earlier...
..but I don't expect it to....
but I would be pleasantly surprised !
it's been raining here the last few days....
but at least we haven't had any snow YET....
later !
Bob...........