View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2021, 03:45 PM   #36
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Yeah. I’d love to see if I could make it happen on someone else’s 250J to know for sure that it isn’t something you could make happen on any J or K bike. Of course, OP may be dealing with a genuinely-clogged vent regardless.

@SuspectPage3
Does your tank ever make noise like a moan or whistle when it sits?

These bikes are known for leaky petcock. Here is why:
https://imgur.com/06nhPsg

It seems that many of them have this defect. They literally can’t make a full seal. That was a picture of the one I replaced, but I wasn’t the first to discover this. Never got to verify the replacement didn’t have the same issue.

Edit:
Figured I’d pull this out of the IMGUR link but I’ll leave the link above for the full resolution:

“Inner ring should be complete, not C-shaped. It can't seal so fuel leaks. Many are like this from the factory.”

That inner ring appears to be made of Teflon or something. I suspect an air bubble during production leaves the C-shape behind.
It mean the spring lose it spring height so there for it isn't able to maintain enough pressure on the O-ring you can stretch the spring out just a little bit which will help maintain enough pressure to seal it
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.