View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2021, 09:37 PM   #41
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

the gas tank in my Ninja does whistle or grone on hot days most noticable if I just shake the bike or move it and it will let out a sigh ! the bike is saying it wants to go !!!!
I've not had any stalling issues on my Ninja that I've noticed it just is hard to get going it wants to stay on choke too long in my book... it's just cold blooded
and once you get used to it it's not an issue.
the vacuum petcock on mine leaks real bad when the fuel line is disconnected from the carbs and engine off.... I've had the petcock off and apart but found nothing wrong with it at all... the diaphragm pulls the plug for the fuel flow to the carbs just fine but it just doesn't seal real good when the engine is not running... that is actually a bad thing and it should be rebuilt I suppose ...perhaps stretching the spring would cure that but then it might not open with the vacuum... so with no way to measure it it's a "leave it alone " thing.
but I'd rather turn on the gas and turn off the gas when I get off a bike
this automatic stuff seams like needless B.S. to me, just something else to go wrong. though if it worked as intended it would save the gas from leaking out if the bike was on it's side.... I've had several bikes fall over during the night and wake up to a bike on it's side and an empty gas tank
so the idea is a good one but not really needed just turn off the gas when you leave the bike ...it's a habit and once you get it it isn't a problem.
My Kid had a sticker on his bike that said "turn on the gas Dummy"
because he came in to get help one time as he forgot to do just that ! LOL

Bob...