View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2021, 04:36 AM   #86
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
no the same old carbs Danno , the new ones haven't arrived yet.
I tried to start it a bit ago but still the same S@#t ! it fires but will not continue on it's bruumm, brummm, putt. and die.... same as it has been from the start.
My clutch is giving me issues again though seams like it wants to pop into gear when I am trying to kick start the silly thing... and that neutral is not as clearly defined as it was... kind 'a strange actually... on this beast I usually pull in the clutch and kick it through several times before the clutch actually release's and then I let go of the clutch lever and try to start it....
some times it will fire up and the kick starter goes down on it's own !
other times I am kicking it and it feels like it locks up but it's just that it is in gear and it's turning the back tire.... very strange behaviour ! so I stop what I'm doing and try to be sure it is in neutral AGAIN... (all the way down and one up....) with the shifter.... and it acts like it does not want to mesh in the transmission... that's why I am thinking the clutch is dragging a bit
which wouldn't surprise me one bit as it is a new clutch !
i am hoping once I get the thing running the clutch will free up a little
anyway... I am still waiting on the new carbs....
Bob.......
Bob you my want check the clutch basket finger what looking for is evidence of clutch basket notching.
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote