View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2021, 12:31 PM   #88
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

shspvr :
Did that when I had it all apart... the fingers show no notching at all...
actually very little ware at all for so many miles ( over 30K miles)
those are new stock clutch plates and new clutch springs... soaked over night in oil and re assembled the next day.... but obviously it hasn't been ran much and I think it just needs to be broke in and loosened up a bit ...but it is concerning !
although the primary chain and the associated sprockets are showing signs of ware, that can wait a bit.
I've found the secret to getting this beastie to fire is choke on full and tickle the carbs ...if and when it fires for a few seconds, tickle the carbs again and it usually will fart again .... it just will not stay running at idle.
and this is with gasoline , not quick start.
... it's very hard to catch it just right to get it to rev up, but that can be done
I've done that several times and getting the RPM down below 2500 RPM or so
is when it likes to fall on it's face and die....
... I had the idle screws up a long way and it would indeed run on one cylinder and when I had that going on I slapped my hand over the left carb's throat and it picked that cylinder up.... so it's definitely not getting fuel at idle... but... I can't clean that pilot jet.. i've tried every trick I know... so Ducattiman will get them after christmas LOL....
later !
Bob......