View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2021, 01:55 PM   #90
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Danno !
I haven't tried it yet..... but I will as I just got one !
$12.00 for a chunk of wire seams silly but it's a hard wire size to find !
I Doubt seriously if the area below the pilot jet is plugged because I have checked and double checked that and spreyed carb cleaner in and got carb cleaner out the other holes every time.... humm. it just hit me that that is a blind hole and the only outlet is through the pilot jet.... I can't have gotten carb cleaner out the other holes because there is no other holes.... that other passage is the air for the air screw... not the fuel from the bowl.
so I probably just sprayed into the hole and moved to the next hole !
though I did run a wire into every hole in that carb and found no junk
.....but that does NOT mean it's clean... it means I attempted to clean it.
if your not positive you did every hole...do it again !
You see that's the thing with carb cleaning you need to know what hole does what, so you know if the carb cleaner is supposed to come out that orifice or not... if you go in with half an idea of how the carb works you may well mistaken one hole for the other.... and I think that is what I did...
I think I'll pull that carb again and put it on the bench and give it another thorough going over... just to be certain I have done every aspect of cleaning that carb... and when that wire gets here I'll clean that jet and be done with it !
I had to do the SX650 carbs 3 times before I got them right.... why not the Triumphs eh ?
thanks Danno !
Bob.