View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2021, 12:54 PM   #98
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, a bit more fiddling is required me thinks....
I went out there and turned the choak on full primed it and turned the key on and gave it a kick and it fired and tried to run for a second then died.... I don't think the idle screws are high enough yet.... when it fired the second time I gave it throttle and it gasped for air and died ... the clasic bogg when you give it throttle thing...
so the needles are way off to the lean side me thinks
I did that for about 15 minutes and got it to fire and stop several times finally I got it to hold it's own for a second and I put my hand over the left carb throat and it picked up....
so it's close but no cigar ! I will mess with the slides and put the needles back to stock setting and probably put the 190 main jets back in it and the stock needle jet, and quit playing with the stupid thing I want it to RUN !
so back to stock everything with the carbs ! I've had enough !
I do think the left carb was trying at idle but I am not positive it did not idle on it though it dropped the left cylinder at idle .... so it still sounds like the jet is plugged even though I finally cleaned the jet.. so the passage to it must be plugged I don't see how but what the heck I'll check it again... like i was going to ...
my new needle clips arrived so I can replace the one that has cracked and doesn't hold on real tight.
right now I am thinking on just waiting till the new carbs arrive and put them on
so I don't have to mess with it anymore....
this go around I never did get the engine to take throttle and rev up...
it was like it bogged when I gave it throttle and I've never noticed that before
My experience with bogging when giving it throttle means you shouldn't have moved that needle clip dummy ! lol..... of course it could be that it was just cold....
later !
Bob....