View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2021, 04:14 PM   #103
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, Success, or somewhat of success i guess you'd call it ! but it runs !
.... I put the carbs back on and then the gas tank, made sure the choke was on and remembered to take out the bulb of the tail light. which I did.
2 kicks and she fired up and ran on both cylinders but it wouldn't idle on it's own so I kept the speed about 2000 to 2500 RPM this lasted for a few minutes till I tried to turn off the choke and it just quit.
I really am wondering if that thing is charging up the battery now as it died like I turned off the key !
... it was coughing back through the left carb a few times... dunno what's up with that... sputtered back through the carb not a back fire but a healthy poof
...i figured with the choke on it was getting too much fuel so I tried to manipulate the unattached choke lever to pull those slides within the slides up nd it died..... I did not get very far with taking the choke off btw.
at max just enough to crack them open... and at the same time it was like pulling the plug, it promptly quit.
I took the tail light bulb out just to see if it would run longer.... obviously it did..... but it didn't run long enough to evaluate anything it just teased me !
LOL.....
throttle response seamed real good and having it just above idle was a treat
instead of 3k rpm ....
I've decided when the new carbs get here in 2 days I will definitely put them on it.... that probably not such a good idea but the motor is still not running right.... and I am hoping that will cure the poor running
but it was Much better running today... but it's still not right.... something is amiss... but I can't put my finger on it.
.... I think by turning up the idle screws it would idle now...not sure ....
it's just too cold on these old bones to be out there too long... LOL
and this is at 2:30 pm the wife said it was the coldest day all week last night and the frost on the TT250's cover attests to that !
Living at 3850'ASL has it's disadvantages ! LOL
.... that's all I got today....
Oh, the Shims came for the Ninja valves nice looking set actually.
I also got a Good digital caliper( some off brand) and new feeler gauge 2 more things I've been needing in the shop !
my plastic caliper works great but finding a battery for it is very hard.
this caliper is made out of stainless steel and seams to be very well made and came with an extra battery.
later all....
....I'm still cold ! AURGH !
Bob....