Old November 20th, 2021, 07:17 AM   #127
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Well, today I made alot of progress !
I took the old carbs off and removed their jets ( main jet and needle jet)
and put them on the new carbs simply because the new carbs came with 200 main jets and I wanted 190 in them... I expect I'll have to go to 180 at this altitude but only running it will tell me that.
the needle jets were also bigger so I swapped them out as well.
I wrasseled those carb slides but out of 2 falls and a submission I finally Won !!!! putting on those cables is a royal P.I.T.A. to say the least !
but I got them both working the throttle and the choke and their as close to perfect synchronization as I can get them.
I pulled the intake tappet cover and checked the valve setting by feel
both were identical and both had around 2 to 4 thow clearance....
I was worried that it might be too tight on the left side but NOPE they were good enough ! I didn't bother checking the exhaust side...
I put the new petcocks in the tank and put the reserve on the right side
and the normal Run on the left. ... no leaks were present anywhere
which kind 'a surprised me, so I primed it and gave it 2 kicks and it fired up and promptly died but that was good enough for me...( I had my slippers on )
so it'll run tomorrow I HOPE .... I still have a few things to do like shorten the screws for the points plate,and put the seat back on and check out the wiring for the brake light ....neither brake makes the stop light come on !
..... so I gott'a fix that, and soon !
I lost a screw today looked for it for a good 45 min. and finally went in to get my Kid to help find it as it was a bolt for the valve cover...
looked for another 15 to 20 minutes and finally found it behind a board with the dirty side facing up ! ( I was looking for a shinnie bolt ! )
I find it strange how some times you can drop something and it's like it fell into a black hole or into another dimension or something because it is just GONE ! ... about 1 in 10 things I drop does that.... I remember dropping a socket one time hauling my tools back from working on Mom's VW Bug
I saw it go it rolled off the heap of stuff I was carrying... so I noted the place and sense my hands were full went and put the stuff up and immediately went back to that spot to look for it... it was outside in leaves and dirt so having a hard time finding it was reasonable..... I looked and looked and looked again...it was one of my good 6 sided 9/16 sockets shinnie and fresh and I wanted it back !
i expanded my search in a increasing spryl and finally found it about 30 feet from where I actually dropped it.... how it got there I have no idea there was nothing for it to bounce off of except dirt and rocks but that socket tried real hard to get away !!!!! it took me about 2 hrs to find that thing !
yet it was 30 ft away lying in plane sight ! if I had just glanced that way while I was looking I would have seen it I'm sure ! LOL....
Anyway.... tomorrow should be very interesting. I plan on taking it for a spin
and see how she preforms... but I have alot to do first before I can do that.
I'll be lucky to get it on the road by noon...
later !
Bob.....
Don't have to much fun like me with sanding and prime paint on Ninja 250 fiberglass fairing .
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote