View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2021, 01:10 AM   #162
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

NO, I got it Danno ! thanks anyway it was the front brake switch being stuck ON... and it powers the brown wire to light the stop light... the rear brake switch powers the brown wire too when the switch is closed so why it confused me is kind'a silly it shouldn't have ! I un plugged the front brake switch and the back one works great now....like it should....
I have been trying to bleed the back brake but so far no cigar !
I've gotten alot of crap out but not much fluid at all... i am not sure but I think the PO put a new washer and bolt in the brake fluid reservoir and I think the washer is covering the holes to let the fluid go into the line ! ...
as dirty as that stuff is ( looks like mineral oil here too! ) I think it would be a great idea to just pull it off flush the reservoir real good and make sure fluid flows through it, and go ahead and rebuild that brake cylinder.
the stuff that came out is not clear but dark brown and air bubbles only a very small amount of fresh fluid has made the trek through the cylinder...
I didn't want to get into the rebuilding of a brake master cylinder but it looks like I have no choice...
what I did is just like you do on a car and that is pump it up, hold it down and then open the bleeder valve and let the pressure escape and repeat until your sick of doing it , and then do it some more, this only yielded a tiny amount of fluid I used more fluid putting it in the can to cover the end of the hose than I got through it.
even if I didn't get air out of it I should be getting fluid.... I may need to take the caliper off to get out all the air as the brake line forms an "S" just in front of the caliper !!!!.... typical on bikes now days I guess, but that is poor planning in my book !
I am tempted to see if I hooked up my handy dandy vacuum tester if I could suck fluid from the reservoir or not.... I bet I couldn't ...
it just acts like there is no fluid getting to it....
and it's not leaking a single drop even with all that peddle work so that kind'a tells me something is up.
( i bet it's that big washer in the fluid reservoir !)
later all !
Bob......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.