View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #7
cnichols79us
Fastly Slow!!!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX250, 1980 Honda XL125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
People should be able to ride with or no helmet. It's their decision to judge what impact it might have on their family / income if anything happens...though people with poor judgement is unlikely to survive any stupid move on the highway helmet or not. I myself can't imagine riding without anything on my head, it's not even just about the potential accident, it's the rocks, wind, rain and bugs hazard flying in my face! We don't have the nicest windshield around..

What I do not like is like previously said, fatal accidents will increase insurance premium for the good riders...It's always the good riders' premium who pays for the bad one's decision, sadly...Good thing at least we pay lower wages because of the 250 is not statisticaly associated with crashes like supersports.
To me it is kinda funny that we, as a group, USUALLY preach ATGATT from what I have read here on this forum. BUT, a lot of people feel it should be a CHOICE to wear a helmet. Some D-Bag riding down the freeway in a t-shirt and shorts is called a Squid by many, but he should have the choice to not wear a helmet also???? ME personally, I think it is a lack of common sense and respect to others that makes laws like this Improper and costly to EVERYONE. I don't think that people do see ALL the costs involved in making a choice like this. I personally would NEVER go w/o a helmet knowing that with my luck, that WOULD be the time I crash and smash my face into a telephone pole, or something.

I know it kinda comes down to the Individuals Rights. Their choice to decide. I can still remember people being up in arms about the New Seatbelt law when it passed. Now, Most people just put on their seatbelt when they get in, some don't. But, I think that the law has benefited everyone for the most, without being an unruly intrusion of Individual Rights.... depending on how YOU view it, I guess. Not to get on a soapbox rant here. Sorry y'all. Just my 2 cents. Only worth about 1 1/4 cents though....
cnichols79us is offline   Reply With Quote