View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2019, 08:00 PM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I have really noticed a jump in the "it's all about me" mentality on the road. People don't care that they are holding up traffic by driving slower or concentrating on their phones at lights. It used to be a quick beep of the horn would get them to look up and then go, not anymore. They just continue to sit there while they finish whatever they are doing. If you try to get around someone going slow, they speed up to block you or get angry and ride your bumper after you get around.

In my mind it is a consequence of no consequences, if that makes sense. Traffic laws are barely enforced, and all one gets for causing a crash is a slap on the wrist. It was an "accident." No, it was the person driving in a dangerous way with blatant disregard for others around them. The thing is, these people don't think they are doing anything wrong. They go on social media and whine afterwards, and everyone else has to explain to them what they did was wrong/illegal.
I think it comes from lack of proper upbringing. Parents for many decades now have shirked their responsibilities of instilling proper values and mores in their kids. No discipline. They pawn off that task to schools. Which is not proper place for that.

Unless you send them off to proper public schools instead of council schools. I remember my 1st couple years. Boys were taught to shake hands and bow. Girls were taught to bow and courtesy.

If you got out if hand, corrective action was swift and painful. I still have scars on my knuckles to this day. Darn nuns probably had an entire semester learning how to rap knuckles with metal rulers to cause maximum pain with minimal damage!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 30th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote