Thread: New rider.
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2018, 09:27 AM   #26
NinjaRacer
ninjette.org member

Name: guram

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

Yes. Correct 12.4 compression ratio with pre-gen.
So when I hooked wideband to my tailpipe @8500 rpm it was bogging down and it was below 12 AFR. Tailpipe method is not very accurate because you need some exhaust pressure and no air(exhaust leaks etc). That's why AFR meter should be in the bung not far from headers. So below 12 that's even rich for boosted applications.

I think main jets as well as needles have big effect on 2500+ RPM. Because with 110 jets it was bogging down exactly at 2900 RPM and 8900 rpm. After 98 mains no more bogs.

Today I added washer 3 washers each side total and its started to bog down in the same 2500 region. After removing and leaving 98 main with one washer it runs ok. I think it is still rich. It just doesn't feel right.

I never checked AFR after rejet but if it's anything below 13 I will be downjetting till I get 13 afr.

11's. that's way too rich. I never seen such crazy number.
Actually at 9.5 afr it should just stall on idle. Even with boost on redline with 35 degree timing 9.5 AFR is nowhere near acceptable number.

Agree filter element has SOME restriction but not too much. I have K&N box filter it flows more than adequate
NinjaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote