View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2023, 11:02 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes....actually just outside of weed , the road is a paved wide one lane road that goes over the mountain to Callahan... a tiny town in the middle of nowhere
....this road goes through national forest land and is fairly well maintained by them, they did just put up a sign that says 7 days limit to over night camping
that was not there last year. the goal is to go all the way to Callahan this summer sometime... I've never been all the way through before.
it is a steep mountain.... and a good workout for the TT250 so stopping and resting about half way up is a good idea to let them cool the XR650L took it with no complaints although did give me trouble starting at that altitude
I expect it's about 9,000'ASL at the pass up there.... maybe a bit higher.
....that was the "Shake down Ride" for the XR650L and I had only one issue
besides the mirror being too loose.... the Samdo Speedometer is very wrong
when doing about 60mph it reads 30MPH.... and there is supposed to be a way to set the tire size on the speedo but I do not know how to do that....
it's one of those, you gott'a get it in the correct mode to set it and I can't figure out how to do that ! ... it seems to be a different mode than setting
or re-setting the trip meter and clock.... I looked on line but could not find any info on it other than you can select the tire size.... and the 21" front tire is about twice as big as it is set for right now....
.... I am hoping the instruction booklet will give a hint.... but I doubt it.
calling the instruction booklet "cryptic" is being generous !
Bob.