View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM   #9
smokinsingle
L8APEX

Name: CRA#33 EXPERT

Motorcycle(s): 07 KTM 950SMR, 06 KTM 450SMR, 99 KTM 300MXC, 00 Derbi GPR 50, 09 Ninja 250 racebike, race with www.cra-mn.org!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I know. I'm thinking about the tab you threaded the bolt into. It could now split or fold. All of the force in the current setup goes into that one welded-on bent piece that's now punctured with the collared bolt. But all is not lost: It could potentially be made stronger than the original setup if the bolt is welded to the tab and the swingarm.
That "little" tab is going nowhere, That thing is hard! I Had to sharpen the drill bit twice while drilling it, and the matierial is so much thicker than the swingarm material guage I'm postive the welds would tear off long before the tab would "split or fold".
Also whats hidden inside the tab is a battery terminal nut from a big YTX20, a big blocky thing, thats what the bolt is threaded into. It takes up a lot of space inside the tab area to act as a brace and tie it all together. I'll get a pic up if I can.