View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #8
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Not addressing the splitting bit as a Nevadan I can't do it anyway, nor would I if I could (frankly no reason to here as traffic never gets locked up enough to warrant it).

I personally avoid the outside of any lane/road, as that's where the dirt and debris build up, constantly being pushed aside by the traffic. No reason to ride where traction is reduced or where additional distractions such as trash or (in my case) rocks and branches may be lying.

And, to comment on the cutting between a single lane and parked cars, how confident are you that a driver won't be stepping out from around one of those parked cars in stand by their door before opening it safely, or that a driver won't open their door slightly into the gap between the rest of the cars and themselves.

Sure they may be looking for pedestrians or cyclists, but you on a motorcycle will be moving much quicker than a cyclist and they may not process that the headlight they see in their mirror isn't in the lane of traffic beside them.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.