View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Demonik
V-Twin Addict

Name: Robert "Doc"

Motorcycle(s): '99 Buell X1, '09 Buell 1125CR,'10 Kaw EX250 (down to one), '13 MV Agusta F3

Updates:

(edit) High idle and weak at idle was fixed. Getting better clamps and double checking hose routing probably helped. I also found a small 1" section of hose behind the coaster-enricher (not totally sure of that nomenclature) on the device on the left side of the carbs with a small tear in it from what appears to be a manufacturing fault. Again, may have helped too.

(edit) Set pilot screws to 3 turns out from stock 2-1/2 and unknown. The right side was unknown because it was frozen from vergidis and needed to be replaced. This circuit being clogged also caused weak idle.

I've gone back in for a third time and noticed that there was a database on the forum for jetting and carb settings. Since I am going to run some thin welding wire (non flux, copper) through the circuits, I'm going to pull the pilot screw caps, tune and set them according to atmospheric data today, stock airbox, and exhaust. Will report back with a post edit.

(edit) It looks good to go! I took it out for a 50 mile putt and nothing is wrong. That's all she wrote. I've really earned my Kawasaki stripes on this project. If you can pull carbs on one of these in under 20 minutes, from fully dressed bike, I'd say you've got it down.

Settings for this weather are:
61 degrees, Sea Level to 230ft, 30.12in hg
Stock airbox (snorkel on)
Stock exhaust
No shims required
needle 3 turns
notes: cold start, no choke needed, idle steady at 800, then adjusted to 1500 after checking online 10 minutes later, throttle crisp anyway, drives crisp

"I wrecked a moped once trying to pick up bitches in front of a party doing a stoppie" 14/10 would do again.
Demonik is offline   Reply With Quote