View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2021, 12:21 AM   #9
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Danno !
I see where your coming from ...Why bother if a FI system vaporizes the gas just as well Right ? well, the problem is a FI system does not "Vaporize the gas" technically.... it just sprays it out in a fine mist... finer than a carburetor will do most definitely, but no where near as fine as a true Vaporizer will do because a true vaporizer used heat to vaporize the fuel a good fine sprey will get you as much as 20~24mpg on a full sized modern truck where a True vaporizer will get you 120~124 MPG most do not achieve that I'll admit ... but I think that is simply because of an inadequate heat rizer . most systems I've heard of got 50mpg and above doubling the milage or tripling the milage they originally had.
... when you vaporize gasoline it expands it volume by 600 to 630 times and that is not igniting it, that is just vaporizing it. so in technical terms a vaporizer system is capable of giving you 600 times the MPG you are currently getting...
you get more gasoline to play with per gallon using a vaporizer... you do not get that advantage with a fuel injected unit because the gas is not expanded to it's maximum amount before being used in the cylinder. that expansion is the important part.
if your vaporizer only partially expands the gas that means all the gas molecules are not All seperated and that's no better than a good FI system.
the problem as I stated before is when you mix air into the vaporized fuel the fuel wants to Re-condense back into a liquid and the only thing that will stop it from doing that is heating that air to over 110 degrees.... I had 210~220 degree air going into my carb with the heat rizer I made and it maintained that temperature so I think I was fairly safe to say the system was working as planned I just didn't have a big enough jet in the propane carb to actually use it. I don't know what it did at highway speeds.
about that time line I got a harbor freight 3 in one Mill,Drill lathe and I was going to drill out the rivet that holds the main jet to the diaphragm and make another one with a larger slot in it, all it was was a taper about 1/2" long with a fairly wide slot cut in it and that was riveted to the diaphragm that pulled it up letting the propane or gas in.... but I never did that.
instead I made a wood gas generator for that truck....which was never finished ! and a wood gas generator is way more complicated than a vaporizer i found LOL
A good way to think about it is "Gasoline comes in it's compact storage mode right from the pump....
a vaporizer un packs it for use !
the end results is exploding a Gas/air mixture not a fine mist... by gas I mean gas as in it's natural form not gasoline
and that is the major difference .... if it didn't work jet engines would not use it ! but it does and they keep refining it as the years go by !

Bob.....