View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2023, 05:25 AM   #8
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
It does seem odd that something like that would be so unique. But if another common bike's part would've worked, you'd think they would've used the existing one rather than going through all the trouble of a whole new part number too.

If you're willing to experiment, you might be able to find another Kawasaki (or even other brand) part that's close enough to work. Maybe there's something that's a hair longer/shorter but still usable. As someone who likes to tinker and gets some pretty grand ideas, I can say that you might end up buying half a dozen other parts and still not find anything that works though.

Your best bet might just be to buy your replacement plus another spare, and hope you don't have to deal with it beyond those. At least it's not a wear item that you're replacing on a regular basis, like the chain and sprockets.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote