View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #42
caltony
ninjette.org member

Name: tony

Motorcycle(s): [2] 2006 Ninja 250s, [3]DRZs, [3]GasGas450s, [1]KDX 225 2 stroke,[1]650HondaCX, [1]Honda CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
First don't believe everything you read on Wiki

Second streetable sport bikes under 320lbs are pretty rare
If we ever get the rc390, that would be your best bet, or duke if you don't mind going naked. Aprilia rs125's weigh in under 300lbs, with a good pipe, good tune and if you wanted to dig deep a bore and other engine work they easily make over 30hp. Would be super fun and an awesome track bike. They pop up for sale in Cali all the time. rs250 weights in the 325lb range, if I had the cash I would have one in the stable right now they are often available in Cali. Only down side with those bikes is routine maintenance but it is pretty easy work.

Liteweight sport bikes under 300 lbs with a gal of gas are rare but they are well within the capabilities of a willing mfg.
I have 2 supermoto bikes that are under 285 lbs with a gal of gas. They are fun. However I would be interested in a well made 250 to 400cc sport bike. I already have more than 10 bikes now and I really cant think of anything other than a sub 300lb sport bike(fairings) that would interest me
The ninjas I have now..1 with a carb kit and comp mufflers are fun but they just dont have the speed or performane(brakes and suspension) of the SMs.

Tony
caltony is offline   Reply With Quote