Old November 27th, 2016, 08:20 PM   #11
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by algs26
Did I get this right? A train sat at a train crossing for you?! There's a Chuck Norris joke somewhere in there...
No they just had to make sure no trains came along while they were transporting me next to/on the tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom
Glad it wasn't more serious. Good call on taking a break from the dirt bikes. Sometimes it's what you really need. Also, I don't think anyone blames you for thinking it could be broken based on the pain. Reasonably big puncture + poking your muscly bits under the skin = hurts like hell. Heck, if I take my finger and jam it into the same spot on me hard enough, it starts to hurt a lot.

Could a more qualified armchair doctor than I explain what that glowy bit behind her ears in the open-ish part of Katie's cranium is? It's right above the beginning (end?) of the spine and to the right.
I think the brake pedal of the bike hit the bone but didn't break it. It's crazy. My brother stepped off the curb and broke his ankle and my cousin fell off a bouldering rock onto a mattress and fractured her fibula and I smash myself into the ground off a dirtbike and dont break nothin!!!

I have a cartilage earring which shows up on the Xray. I think I remember asking if I needed to take it out and they said no don't worry about it. And then they gave me Ativan and I was wondering whether i was breathing or not and if it was even necessary to breathe because it didn't seem like it was... ??? argh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha
Pretty sure that's the implant the aliens insert. If you figure out how to interface with it, it allows you to control your bike with your mind.
^^apparently it malfunctioned. Can I blame my crash on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool
Very sorry about your accident, Katie.

Having some good people around is always calming.

Wish you a painless quick recovery.
Thank you! I was with the best possible person to handle the situation for me - including detailed instructions to the EMT team about where we were, loading up both bikes and all the gear and not losing a single thing and being at the hospital before they would even let anyone back. All things considered I got lucky and am very very grateful
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.