View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2017, 03:20 AM   #7
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I've been trying not to shamelessly plug my race videos here but this one is special. Race begins around 12minutes and is a strong contender for my favorite race of the year.

Strong focus on staying upright as well as hitting apexes to rely on being on line to be fast with a fairly good multi-lap battle in the first half of the race.

RAIN TIRES ARE AMAZING! The tires slipped everywhere but they held.

I remembered advice from palmer with @csmith12 @adouglas @Ducati999 @Bigballsofpaint and @ttd to roll on smoothly as if my throttle were a clicker and then simply pause at the time the rear starts to slide then continue the roll on when it is back in line. Unfortunately a front mounted camera only does so much to catch rear end slides

Link to original page on YouTube.

I used to be a Grid Marshall for the S.C.C.A.. European auto races are run in the rain. Indy and Nascar pit the cars in a rain storm. I used to work at the Watkins Glen Grand Prix course and they had an amature race they called "The Fun One" run in October. They would race sometimes with snow falling.

Have seen three people die on dry tracks in my life I can not share your enthusiasm for racing in the rain. It make about as much sense to me as running red lights and stop signs.

Just my opinion.

Bill