View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2022, 07:43 AM   #10
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnelson89 View Post
Yes, unfortunately these riser blocks are for the EX500, which has 37mm forks instead of 36mm which the pre-gen Nknja 250 has. I may have to just go ahead and fabricate these or mount a tubular handlebar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
They'll be fine, only 1mm is okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
a few beer can solve that problem LoL
There's reason for this tight fit in factory configuration. They had top of fork-tube protruding above fork-clamp with handlebar wrapping over it so that loads are not carried by bolts. Specifically so as to not to load bolts in shear, an engineering no-no.

To prevent ALL loads being carried by bolts, any riser blocks you get or make should replicate factory interface with bar.

Failure to model dynamic forces is what led Ford to think it was OK to reduce tyre-pressure on a +4000lb vehicle to 16psi to make up for flawed suspension design that resulted in poor ride quality. It was OK mod when tested at low speeds for short distances. But over longer time-frames at higher loads, results were disastrous.

As test, I was able to remove all 4 bolts for my pre-gen bars and went for ride around block. Indicating bolts were handling very little forces. Any riser blocks used should allow that as well. Basically you want tight fit onto factory fork tops and provides a hump of their own for bars to wrap onto.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.