View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #22
kkim

Well, when I was in Australia, I was amused to find many cars/trucks outfitted with what they refer to as Roo Bars.

not so amused were the dead carcasses of Roos that frequent the highways at night. I like the Aussie thinking of how to deal with things that shouldn't be stopped on the roads at night.

The bars are more for preservation of the vehicle's occupants as it seems if you don't have these bars, the Roos would be lifted up and over the hoods, directly into the passenger compartment through the windshield.

Ducks??? No problem.

As Alex, stated, if you encounter something on the road, it's better not to take evasive action lest you lose control of your car/bike and end up going off the road and making a road kill situation a fatality for the vehicle's driver/occupants.

I was also told, though, that if a collision is unavoidable, try to hit whatever object at an angle/glancing blow as opposed to straight on.

If it's human life vs animal rights... human life wins every time. Baby on the freeway??? You BETTER slam on your brakes!!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote