View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #1
Cra1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2007 Yamaha FZ6

My Streetfighter: Part Deux

To get you caught up, I converted my 2007 Ninja 250 into a streetfighter (no, I didn't crash it -- I'm just not a fan of the older styling and wanted something a little meaner). You can see the original pics HERE.

Since then, I've made quite a few changes and upgrades, as detailed and pictured below:

I scrapped the cheap shorty mufflers in favor of some mufflers from Blue Collar Bobbers (more details on that install HERE)

I also installed new JT front and rear sprockets with a 15/42 setup and shimmed the cush drive.

New stainless steel brakes lines on both front and back and completely rebuilt both calipers, as well as new EBC brake pads and Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid.

Got rid of the stock horn and installed a Freeway Blaster with a relay:

New-gen swingarm caps:

I installed a new-gen sprocket cover at one point, but for some reason it affected the shift lever and made it difficult to shift down into first, either from neutral or second. So I went back to the stock cover ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Painted the coolant overflow tank flat black (left a little strip on the front to check level):

Replaced the stock handlebar risers with ZX600 risers. Also in this pic you'll see how the Trail Tech Vapor is mounted. I’m wanting to find a different way to mount it, as it looks kind of unsightly, but it was the easiest way. Thing is, I’m not sure of another way I could mount it. Thoughts are appreciated!

Installed new ProGrip gel hand grips and adjustable levers:

I also replaced the chrome perch-mounted mirrors with bar-end mirrors. Visibility is way better, but I do like the look of the other mirrors..

As for future changes/upgrades, I'm pretty much done with it all. I’m thinking about cutting down the side fairings some and then re-installing them (and maybe painting them flat black or just leave them red) so that the fuse box is covered up. As it is now, the fuse box is sort of unsightly, but I’d love to know your thoughts on what I could do here (one thing I don't want to do is relocate it, so that's out of the question):

Cra1g is offline   Reply With Quote