View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2019, 12:23 PM   #4
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
My commute is schizophrenic either I take the shortest route, which is 27 miles of stop and go on an interstate under construction which takes usually an hour, or it's 24 miles of back roads then a 20 mile blast up the HOV lanes at 80 MPH, which also takes about an hour.

I currently ride a 1200 Sportster, which while I like it is not the ideal commuter bike. Air Cooled bike in stop and go traffic is not ideal, I also just have some soft saddle bags for it that really don't hold the stuff I need. Also with all the construction and pot holes even the upgrades suspension I've put on it is barely up to the task.

I think my ideal commuting bike would be a Versys 650. Enough power for the 80+ mph sprints, good gas mileage, good handling, decent suspension travel, and with some aftermarket luggage would hold plenty of stuff.

Since it's reckless driving and a criminal charge for lane splitting the extra width of the Versys doesn't bother me. If/when Kawasaki makes the Versys on the Ninja 400 engine I would say that would be about perfect.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote