View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2019, 09:38 AM   #5
Theorist
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2005 250

Thumbs up It depends on the commute.

I wish we could get the Yamaha Tracer 700 in the US, a sport touring variant of the mt-07 fz-07.

It depends on the commute. I'm happy with my prejen. The newer Ninja 250, 300, or 400, the r3 would be nicer.
The Duke could be good if I wanted an excuse for not getting to work on time., otherwise I'd prefer a new cb300r or the z400. The sv650 would be lovely, as would a Ninja 650, z650, or mt07. I'm not a big fan of the dual sport or adventure bikes, but many are great for better seeing and being seen over traffic, hard luggage, and either going on adventures , dreaming of going on adventures, or wanting to look adventurous, like most SUV owners. On the other end of the image conscious, those with deep self confidence may prefer the storage, weather protection, and splash and road grime protection offered by maxi scooters like the Burgmans or Silverwing. A supermoto could be the best for quickly cutting through congested traffic. Do you want to get out of trouble by swerving (smaller, lighter bike) or accelerating (midsize bike)? Many find that the NC750x to be a practical choice offering a nice combination of storage, fuel efficiency, reliability, low running costs, and torque without being as dull as most cars or scooters.

I'm content with my 2005 Ninja 250r but would prefer a z400 with hard side bags and a removable windscreen. If I wanted power that is hardly ever need, maybe fz07, svx650 or Ninja 650. If I had a really long commute I'd prefer a Tracer 700 or 900, or used Concours, Honda ST, or FJR. If I had to wear a suit, I'd go with a Burgman or Silverwing, maybe a NC700x if I wanted to sit higher to see and be seen. If someone rode aggressively in congested traffic but without bike trouble as an excuse for getting to work late, they might like a DR-Z400sm, wr250x, or crf450l.

Whatever the bike, I'm a big fan of high visibility helmets and gear for commuting in traffic.
Theorist is offline   Reply With Quote