View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2020, 06:40 AM   #123
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I have not looked at my detailed info on just about anything so i can't say anything for certain just wonder and speculate.

Some thoughts

What is the actual mortality rate? All we know for sure is fatalities in diagnosed individuals , and it doesn't seem like many people are getting tested unless they have severe symptoms and or have been in know direct contact with someone who tested positive.

How are they testing people for the virus? what are the false negative/false positive %s If they are testing for antibodies (most likely) how many different tests are they using? vs looking for viral RNA

My county still shows 0 cases on the PA website, but there is no doubt that it is here somewhere, and there is a chance it has been here for much longer than we realize as well.

Not saying we had the virus but just pointing out some holes in the testing/numbers.

My whole family had a virus run through the house and my kids small school starting on about the 9th of March, flu like and or corona virus like symptoms. All 6 members of my house had different symptoms and recoveries but we all definitely had the same thing. At that point there were only a few confirmed cases on the opposite coasts so it wouldn't make sense for us to get corona right?, but the thing is it doesn't have to make sense, any % chance no matter how small of the virus finding it's way here is still a chance. Either way, no way any of us would have got approved for testing. So if the virus does find its way into places that "don't make sense". it will go undetected until someone gets severe enough symptoms and gets approved for testing.

Other thought. The quarantine is great, lets slow transmission, i agree but again without testing everybody in the US routinely for weeks using the proper methods i find it hard to believe the virus is just going to disappear. So if everyone stays home, no one gets it and then all of a sudden in 3 weeks, 2 months whatever we come out of our holes, next to no one has built immunity it is only going to take a couple of still infected, non symptomatic individuals to start the whole **** show over again.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote