View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2020, 08:58 AM   #127
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Not sure what you are getting at, never mentioned anything about vaccines in fact quite the opposite, people can do whatever they want just understand the consequences.

The Bubonic plague has next to nothing in common with an airborne respiratory virus. The flu is a loaded word, it's not just 1 particular virus, the "flu" commonly refers to several different strains, and as it appears now by the numbers typical "flu" is not even close to as deadly as this Coronavirus has showed. But like i mentioned early though, how accurate are the mortality rate stats of this virus, and how much are those numbers compounded by the sheer rapid spread of this virus?

People being cautious of transmission by washing hands ect... is the front line defense, super important but will never be 100% effective or even close, it's unrealistic especially with a virus that can be transmitted through the air. Expecting people to basically uphold BSL3 standards in day to day life is laughable.

Again like i mentioned before, once the virus spreads enough through the population and enough people have had it and built immunity it will most likely be no worse than the typical flu things will just proceed as normal if it sticks around or even mutates a bit it won't be as big of a deal. Right now the panic is all about controlling the spread as next to no one has immunity and hospitals can not handle 1000s of people requiring the same equipment, medications ect.. all at once in a short time frame.

I also think the government and people working with the government know that lots of people are not going to listen to what they have to say/put in place. That is factored into the plan. If the government would have said, well, everything stays open, try to limit leaving the house though and or contact with large groups, be super cautious about washing hands, ect... things should be ok. (which is most likely reality) Not many people are going to listen to that and just proceed as normal. But if the government says, everyone must stay in your damn house or else, they still expect people to no listen but more people will take it serious in turn getting the exposure/transmission rate closer to where they want it.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote