View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2014, 08:29 AM   #5
kennetht
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Yes it's rather odd. Have you pulled the piston out of the caliper slightly and cleaned it or see if is dirty or rusted? Perhaps your brake master piston is sticking and not releasing/returning and still applying pressure. As to why temperature affects it is still beyond my morning thinking capabilities. How was the color and clarity of the brake fluid when you flushed it? Did you notice any rust?
I did not do anything with the piston or clean it. I just did a complete flush and then replaced with new fluid and bleeded the brakes to get all the air bubbles out.

The old brake fluid was really brown and dark. It definitely was old. Did not notice any rust or debris in the old fluid when I flushed it.

Only reason I flushed it to begin with is because the previous owner could not tell me when it was last done, so for all I know it could have been years. I just wanted the assurance of knowing I have good new fluid in there now, since I know when I last did it and I track all of my maintenance.
kennetht is offline   Reply With Quote