View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Glowing Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Nope

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
It's JASO-MA rated. I've been running it in all my machines for ages with no issues. One of the few oils my picky Suzuki actually likes and the transmission doesn't clunk. But, let's not make this an oil thread. Pick some up and see if it makes a difference. If not, use whatever you want.

In regards to the shift lever, if you make it longer, it will be harder to reach. If you make it shorter, same thing.

Best to modify the part on the shift shaft. Shorten that part up a bit for less shift throw.

But once again, proper clutch adjustment and different oil could eliminate your issues without any modifications at all.

I live by KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!) when I work on, build or modify things. Start with the simple things first before getting overly complicated.
by shift lever i dont mean the part your foot touches, i mean the part that connects to the rod going to the part that connects to the tranny?

KISS is nice, i follow it when it costs me money. but when i can use what have and just invest free time into it, which i have A LOT of recently i can get as complicated as my supplies allow.