View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2022, 10:51 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

the problem is mainly IF we do anything other than economic sanctions...
we definitely run the risk of starting World war 3
and at the moment Russia is almost our equil in military striength.... but China is far superior in military striength.... and those 2 will band together and kick our ass and it would be a war on OUR soil not some forign shore !
it would take a long time to get the USA back into the swing of things to be able to kick both of them at the same time... but I think we could do it...
but not with the mantality that 99%of the Americans have today...that would have to change dramatically first.... so we're talking years decades even before peace would be won again.
.... it's a scary thought to say the least..... what to do ..... but now after thinking about it all night I think we should throw shantions on them and shake our finger and say shame on you several times but keep our butts out of the sending in troops idea....
I got sucked into going to ( headed that way anyway) the viet nam war.
I was like all the rest of us in our platoon nieve, dumb and misinformed
but I was going to do my part.... then they found a medical reason to kick me out and I said "I've seen the hospital, send me home !" so they did.
.... to think that hundreds of thousands of our young people would be rounded up taught how to fight and sent over as cannon fodder chills me to the bone and I don't want to see that happen again.
but that is the reality of war of nation against nation people are pons the ones making the decisions stay well back from the true fighting.
I'ed much rather have to budget cut and scrimp than have another war...
that is for sure.....
.... I don't think Biden is stupid enough to fall into the trap of another war...
but he may well be.... I think Trump would have lined the Ukrainian border with tanks ages ago to prevent what is happening today.... but be that as it may..... no sense crying over spilled milk right...

so I guess I am wondering what you folks are thinking about all this !
later....
Bob......