View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #8
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i've seen a page that describes in detail various traction problems and what the root cause of each issue might be due to... i can't find it now (should have bookmarked it) but i'm sure someone here knows what i'm talking about and can provide a link
I'd like to read this article too.

Stock tires arent grippy enough imo. They make me scared I'm gonna lose traction all the time (dunlops)....probably because I did once and still regret it! Tires are too narrow imo

Played around with different tire pressures til I found a happy medium and stiffened up the suspension to 4 (I'm 155lbs) I love it, most of the time!
I think the supension system on this bike is only mediocre. Its not adjustable enough to match the engine character as far as agressive riding goes. If your all the way over in a turn (off the track) and you hit a bump in the road....yikes. Scary stuff.

I agree with Dablue1 completely. You changed the geometry of the bike and from what it sounds like your change probably made it more flickable but at a sacrifice to stability. The stock rear suspension is plenty enough adjustable to suit riders of your size. No need to think about compensating the front end for weight. Id set it back to stock and then play with the springs and oil aspects first. There are fork spring packages available and there are aftermarket shocks. A few rear shock mods are also out and about aswell.

Good luck