View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2014, 08:07 AM   #134
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Hanging with you guys works for me. I was willing to spring for a garage for convenience and sun protection... it's going to be late July, after all. Plus there's a cool buzz around the garages. I'm a bit up in the air about this.

Let's confirm arrival plans, space needed etc. as we get closer to the date.

Better read the following... it's the communication Tony sent out regarding this Saturday's event. Apparently parking in the pit area is quite limited, which may affect your decision to set your home-away-from home up there. Having said that, there's also supposed to be parking away from the pits. Note bold text below (my adds).

Don't take my word for any of this... I recommend you guys go over to bandofriders.net and check out the posts in the TTD section or better yet, contact Tony directly.

Here is the text portion of the stuff he sent out regarding this Saturday's Thompson trackday:

Quote:
The staff and I just did a test run at the new track and we are excited for some great events this year!

Here are some things you should keep in mind. If I missed something, feel free to email me and I'll try to answer.

June 14th Trackday:

- TTD riders can enter the pit area after 6:30PM on Friday night. There is no end time - a person is supposed to be on duty all night (however, please be considerate as many people are sleeping after 11 to prepare for their big day!)

- I have paid the camping fee so you will not be charged. Please don't arrive before 6:30PM on Friday as parking is very limited around the garages and we need to give the other group time to get out. If you come early, walk over and check things out if you wish - and if the other participants clear out early, then you can come into the pit area earlier.

- We plan to run tech from 7pm to about 8:30pm on Fri night. We'll then open again at 7AM.

- There is a SINGLE LANE bridge into the pit area. There is a light that controls traffic flow. Only go when you have a green light or we'll end up with 2 vehicles with trailers going opposite directions - and someone will have to back all the way down.

- As you come over the bridge, there is a grass area to the left - this is for tent camping. PLEASE DO NOT walk your dogs in this area! In fact, you should contact the track first as I'm not even sure pets are allowed.

- The garages are the only place that have electricity. If you wish to rent a garage spot, it is $25 per bike. You can pay as you enter the track and get a sticker - or you can park in the garage and they will come around and collect if you do not have a sticker on the bike. BRING CASH to speed things up.

- If you are renting a garage spot, then you should park in front of the garage bays. If you are not renting, then please park in the open area when you first come over the bridge. We will do our best to direct parking - please realize we need to keep vehicles fairly close together to fit everyone. If you are unsure where to park, sit still for a minute and I'm sure a staffer will be right over.

NOTE: You are NOT allowed to run an electric cord from the garages to a trailer. I am working on them about this rule, but for now don't do it.

- There are no tables in the garage. Bring a folding table if you feel the need. However, they are not huge garages so don't expect to spread out too much.

- There will not be gas available for this trackday. They have pumps but they did not appear ready. I would suggest you show up with a full tank, and an extra can, if possible.

- TTD does not supply water or gatorade for this event. Please bring a supply for yourself.

- We will stop riding from 12 to 1 for Lunch. The restaurant will be open to order - or you can pack a cooler with sandwiches, etc.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote