Old February 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by watsyurface View Post
.......Basically i sort of panicked because I actually felt like i was going TOO SLOW to go straight up the hill, so thats why i made the diagonal........
Mike,

You did run wide in that turn, it is a simple mistake, don't be too hard on yourself, you are just learning.
It could have been dangerous in different conditions, that is true.

Repeat this one thousand times:
Any turn should be entered slowly and exited fast.

You were moving too fast for your skill level, before and at the beginning of that turn.

That speed precipitates things too fast for your eyes and brain to process, you feel that are running out of space, get confused and freeze up or do the wrong things, like looking where you don't want the bike to go.

Always enter turns at a pace that is completely comfortable for you, visually locate your turn in and apex points, use all the space that is available (or delayed apex technique - see schematic) and accelerate at a constant rate all the way out.

Try to read some books about riding; I recommend "Proficient Motorcycling", available at public libraries.

You are doing great, just slowdown a little (see my signature).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg proficient_02b.jpg (52.3 KB, 37 views)
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote