View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #11
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrussell7 View Post
Hey guys, I'm having a problem getting my 08 ninja running properly. I bought it recently and it has problems starting up and idling. It has ~2000 miles on it and a K&N R-0990 Oval Filter.

When I start the bike up, I have to apply the choke halfway and turn it over for at least 5-7 seconds before it'll start. Then the bike may either rev out to 7krpm or die out. Sometimes it'll run fine and i can turn the choke off after riding a block or so. After its warmed up it won't idle much below 3k rpm and definitely not anywhere close to 1250-1500.

I just went in today and bumped up to a 110 main from a 100 main jet. The carbs were extremely clean and so was the stock pilot jet. The clip is on the 4th spot from the top of the needle.

Any ideas on why it won't idle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrussell7 View Post
SC at sea level. I started at about 2.5 turns out and went .5 turns each time until they were all the way turned out. If I adjust the idle knob any below 2500 rpm, the motor just dies. It has the stock exhaust.
How long have you had this bike and how long had it sat before you got it?
Did you physically clean(blow compressed air, poke fine wire thru) the pilot jets at all?
Did you synch the carbs?
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote