Thread: Photography!
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #166
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I tried explaining some photo basics to my wife, she said, "Don't even bother, I'll never understand it."

I think it is also that if she learned, then she would have to take pictures on occasion, and she doesn't want to do that. lol

In that course I took earlier this year, there were several women who were in retirement age in that course. It really clicked how well I grasp technology. One lady (who had photo experience), myself, and another guy were assisting the instructor. It was slowing up the course, so the instructor recommended them taking private instruction to really help them grasp the concept. They did that. So every week, they did the course, plus the private instruction and did well. At the end of the course, there were a few people who were like, "You didn't explain how to do this (referring to exposure compensation)". He looked at me, "Did we go through that?" "Yup."

So he recommended more private instruction, which they did.

Some just have a hard time grasping it. I can kind of feel your pain along those lines. When something clicks so easily, it is easy to get frustrated when others have a harder time grasping it.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote