Thread: Photography!
View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:17 PM   #182
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Eh whatevs. Now that I actually have the camera in my hands, I feel like it was worth it.

Came with a 220 back. Didn't want to run 120 through it. Thought the local shop sold 220, but they don't. Was looking on ebay and stuff for 220. The seller was kind enough to have a half-exposed roll IN the back and an unexposed roll in the box. Yay for me. Also came with a UV filter and CPL filter attached. Had to use a vice and channel locks to unscrew the 77mm filters apart. They were STUCK good.

Can't wait to get that thing up and running. Couldn't even figure out how to use it at first; had to download the manual. Everything about it is dummyproof basically. You have to do several things in a specific order to fire the shutter, and it won't let you unless you do. Pretty cool, actually. Also has an AE prism finder, but I need to get the manual for that too lol.

Will try to get some shots with it on Friday at a cruise night, but it has Porta 160 in there so I can only do it in the day when I'm working. Actually, it has a hot shoe, can sync up to the max shutter speed of 1/400, and I have a diffuser. Hopefully I can do something good at night :3