Thread: Hello from MO
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2018, 08:48 AM   #1
LilBoogie
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mitch

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R

Talking Hello from MO

New here guys thanks for the add! I have looked up threads here for sometime now but I am having an issue and need to post a question hoping for some help.

I have a 2008 Ninja 250r, I have put about 400 miles on the bike so far since I have had it, and just did my first oil change. The washer that sits on the spring for the oil filter was missing when I disassembled so I did without it when putting everything back together. The bike ran fine before the oil change, also after the oil change I rode about 30 miles and the bike ran fine that night. The next morning I went for a doughnut run and the bike didnt want to start and idles super low like 1000rpm, had no power and backfired like crazy, it did have a backfire before hand but nothing like it is now. Also from what I have read up on the oil change it should take 1.7 quarts of oil, I put that much in and the level was at the bottom of the window, (on rear swingarm stand) I ran it for a few minutes, level still the same, ened up putting the rest of the second quart in there, level is in the middle of the window now, I am kindof new to this but am mechanically inclined. I want to say the problem is fuel related but wierd that it happened just after an oil change... What do you guys think?
LilBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote