View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:45 AM   #8
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Hey

Beautiful 250. I love the red ones. Garage kept and low miles too: very nice!

Did it come with the Area P exhaust system or did you add it? They're really great.

I noticed you have frame sliders on it, but you still have the stock turn signals. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the turn signals protrude out quite a bit further than the frame sliders. If you do end up suffering a drop, those turn signals will probably hit the ground. I've seen a few pictures of crashed 250s on this forum where the side fairings look like they would have just been scratched up if not for the fact that the turn signal was forced into the fairing, smashing and cracking it. Just something to think about.

Finally: are you still running the stock tyres? I think the stock tyres on the 250R are IRCs. If you are still using them you might like to consider swapping them out for something better. The best "upgrade" I did to my stock ninjette wasn't the full exhaust, airfilter upgrade or anything else like that: it was the tyres. I first switched to Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres. They are damn incredible. The bike felt like it was stuck to the road with those things on it. I think I went through two sets of those and then later switched to Pilot Street Radial tyres. The Pilot Street Radial's are way better than the stock tyres and they last much longer than the Diablo tyres I've used. I think I'm getting almost double the mileage out of them than the Diablos. For pure performance I would choose the Diablos, but for value for money and good enough performance (for me at least) I would choose the Pilot Street Radials.