View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2018, 03:59 PM   #1
propilot
ninjette.org member

Name: keV

Motorcycle(s): 04 ex250

Thinking of buying a new seat?? Read this first!

So my seat developed a tear on one side and cracking started appearing on the other. This quickly became my pet peeve as I cringed every time i looked at my seat.
I started looking thru seats on ebay but they were either old/dirty or too expensive. And i figured this ebay seat is 11yrs old or older and will probably start deteriorating soon anyways.
Then I came across this dude selling seat covers by “Northwest Classic” for $50-60. Not the cheapest considering entire seats on ebay start at that price but it was brand new and guaranteed to fit. Plus it gave me the excuse to go buy a staple gun! ($20 w staples at Walmart for the aircraft aluminum grade version - only $3 more than the regular one, don't be cheap). So I said eff it, lemme give it a shot.
Bottom line: I love the way it came out! Perfect fit, nice and tight (thats what he sa..) and a great project and feeling of accomplishment. Very easy to do as well. Just grab a couple beers, turn the TV on and take ur time.
Notes:
1) Do it indoors so the vinyl is warm and stretches easily.
2) The foam of my seat was soaking wet from water seeping into the tear athough bike was always covered. I suggest drying seat out entirely before putting the new cover on.
3) I picked out the $60 two tone black/black carbon one but they also have a $50 plain black one (stock) if u prefer.
I hope this helps someone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg seat.jpeg (101.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpeg seat2.jpeg (125.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg seat3.jpeg (143.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg seat4.jpeg (108.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg seat5.jpeg (93.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg seat6.jpeg (92.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpeg seat7.jpeg (89.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpeg seat8.jpeg (94.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg seat9.jpeg (113.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpeg seat10.jpeg (121.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpeg seat11.jpeg (113.4 KB, 17 views)
propilot is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.