View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2015, 04:23 PM   #12
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

I'll put my two cents here,

I started riding I was well over twice her age. So I started riding with no motorcycle experience, but a lot as a car driver and bicycle riding.

The first season I was riding with my two friends, they always wanted me to be the leader, so I could ride a pace comfortable for me, not having to prove myself by trying to stick with them.

They could watch from behind so they were able to make comments on my riding, my positioning, etc.

Since I was fresh out of motorcycle classes, I was able to ride the way I was thought and not trying to mimic the riding style of my friends .

And if I had to make a really stupid mistake or a bad decision, I wouldn't hit them from behind of take them down with me.

Honestly, I was very happy riding up front, because I was closer to the center lane, so I had some place on my right to correct my trajectory if I had to, and often, the right side of the lane is somewhat always a little dirtier or more damaged.

So I would say, if she's happier up front let her be there, her ride will be more enjoyable for her and she'll focus more on her technique.

Last futzed with by broken neck; August 18th, 2015 at 04:12 AM. Reason: not really
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote