View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #196
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

I'm actively working on finding a used Ninjette and will almost definitely end up with a 2007 or slightly earlier, so I read this thread with great interest. Why would a grown man that has ridden 600 cc sport bikes want a little 250? About the same reason that I wanted a little YSR50, just something that I can crack wide open and have fun with and still not get into too much trouble with speeding. Man that YSR was fun when I had it on the road!

Anyway on to the questions... Does this exhaust benefit from keeping the gasses hot all the way back to the can by wrapping with insulating exhaust tape? If I'm going to do it, I might as well do it all the way right? Is there room to weld an O2 sensor mount? If I can find the pieces I will want to convert whatever I get to EFI with a MicroSquirt DIY system (same as a MegaSquirt but smaller surface mount components). Also I did not see any mention of a definite deal for Ninjette members, is that still a consideration? I would need the entire intake to output package as that seems the only real way to go (until/if EFI can be built).

Thanks
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote