View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2018, 11:51 AM   #9
mikesomass
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250R

Okay since I am new to bikes and electrics I need to make sure I am on the same page as you. When I hear diode I think of something else as the diodes I have seen referenced on YouTube videos tend to look like larger plastic units that connect wires.

So what I was shown is this unit " Junction Box"

Specifically within the junction box I was shown the circuit board (attached) where all the fuses plug into. The board was then flipped so we were looking at the back of the board with all the…silver... solder compound (I have no idea what it’s called).

What buddy did, was connect the multimeter to those silver areas areas and we would look at the voltage. When the starter button was pressed, the voltage would spike on the multi meter. The only one it did not do this one, was the third in pin set along.

These are not photos from the unit off my bike but they are similar if not identical. I can take photos of mine later tonight when I am home. All of the other pins we have a voltage spike except for the one outlines in red.

So to confirm, the area I’m referencing in red is a diode and its working as it should?

Thanks for your patience. I am working on become less mechanically useless. Learning as I go
Attached Images
File Type: png jb.png (84.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00049.jpg (149.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00864.jpg (48.6 KB, 2 views)
mikesomass is offline   Reply With Quote