View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2018, 09:10 AM   #15
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

I get the safety switch thing. It is caused by potiental lawsuits and the nanny state we live in. My stinking 2009 Harley has got it right. No safety switches there. Hit start button the engine is going to turn over, in first gear, kick stand down, clutch not pulled in. The bike is going to launch. If you are toooooo stupid to figure out how to start a bike you need to get another hobby.

I went to the Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawaski booths at Daytone Bike Week yesterday. If you ask real nice the may let you sit on one.
Go over to the Harley tent, fill out a form, show your endorsed driver's and take a Hog for a ride. No supervision, just jump on and go.

As soon as I get a chance ever safety switch on my 250 Ninja is getting disconnected. I don't need some stinking cheap switch, installed for people who should know how to start a bike, ruin my day.

Sit on you bike, turn the key, pull in the clutch, lift the kickstand and push the go button. I fly airplanes, "no safety switches". Could you imagine you engine failing in flight because a $5.00 dollar switch fails.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote