Old October 14th, 2018, 07:06 AM   #19
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
The MAIN thing is I have to be able to carry a passenger comfortably.
That is the ONLY thing. And I do want to toss a windscreen on it in the winter, so it has to be able to do that part well as well.
Since one of your priorities is carrying passenger, have you sat on any bikes with a passenger?

Some things to consider when carrying a passenger:
1. How well does the passenger see over the rider's helmet? Nobody want to stare at the back of a helmet for the whole ride.

2. What's the size of passenger seating area?

3. Any back support for the passenger? Without handlebar to hold on to, passenger only have rider to hold on to in the front, backrest or back support would make passenger feel much more secure along the ride. I always tell my passenger to hold on to me, the rider, so I get the most direct feedback of my rider performance and gauge my riding style accordingly.

4. How well does the bike handle at parking lot speed with a passenger? most likely incidents will occur at parking lot speed when bike is less stable, especially with a passenger on the bike.

5. How difficult for passenger to get on/off the bike?

Personally, whenever I ride with a passenger, the passenger becomes the priority; their comfort, their safety and their ability to enjoy the ride.
When passenger is considered to be priority and able to enjoy the ride, they tend to be interested in riding more.

Last futzed with by "A"; October 14th, 2018 at 03:12 PM.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote